These past six months we have been celebrating 150 years of our great nation. We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for. God has given us a rich inheritance in our bountiful land. We can indeed sing with the Psalmist that our “boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places”. We want to continue to pray for each province. This month our prayer focus is on Ontario.
- Pray for Premier Kathleen Wynne, as she makes decisions and guides the provincial leaders of Ontario.
- Ask God to protect workers and job sites at the many “Build On Ontario” projects, which are in place this summer. These projects work to improve the diverse infrastructure all across the province, as well as to provide a boost to the economy through job creation.
- Pray for Michael Coteau, Minister of Children and Youth Services, as he leads a new mentorship program entitled “Together We Can” which aims to eliminate systemic racism and improve opportunities for black children and youth in Toronto, Hamilton, Windsor, and Ottawa.
- Many churches are operating day camps for the children and families in their local communities this summer. Pray for many lives to be impacted for the Kingdom. Also pray for strong spiritual leadership within these programs. Pray for both leaders and children to grow deeper in their faith journeys.
- Pray for the church and para-church leaders across the province as plans are being made for ministry initiatives to begin in September. Ask God to grant these leaders godly wisdom and discernment as programs are put in place. May God use these churches to bring about renewal and change within each of their respective communities.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Gather Women Prayer Team