As Canada celebrates 150 years, Gather Women has committed to pray for our nation the 1st of every month. Let’s celebrate with thankful hearts the rich diversity of each province as together they unite and strengthen our nation. This month our prayer focus is British Columbia.
- Pray for British Columbia’s new provincial government during these early days as they negotiate the future of the province. Pray for wisdom for Premier John Horgan as he leads. Pray for a deep desire for all government leaders to work together for the good of the people in the province..
B.C. will be recovering from a season of wildfires that are the worst in recorded history. Pray for wisdom on how to rebuild, especially for those who lost homes and business as well as communities that were significantly impacted.
- Pray for the educational system, the Minister of Education and those involved in leading schools and educational facilities who are dealing with a number of very important but sensitive issues. Pray for wisdom, grace and understanding to be evident, and an open door for the voice of truth to be heard and the enemy to be silenced.
- Praise God for His beautiful work through partnerships evidenced in so many local churches throughout B.C. Pray for an increase in partnerships and a growing sense of unity among the churches. Pray the church in B.C. would continue to grow from strength to strength and from glory to glory.
- There is a real cry in the hearts of Indigenous communities for reconciliation and we have seen so many rise up and come alongside to stand with them. Pray that many will be a part of shaping the future for the beautiful Indigenous people and that the love of our Saviour who reconciled us to Himself will be seen and His love will bring healing and hope.
- Pray for many women to gather at the National Gather Rise Event at Peace Portal Alliance Church in Surrey, B.C. on October 21. Pray for the many voices of Canadian women to bring encouragement, challenge and inspire women of faith in Canada. Pray for those who gather to connect and build relationships for Kingdom impact.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Prayer Team in partnership with Helen Burns, White Rock, British Columbia