Canada - We Love You! Happy 150th Birthday!
Coast to coast people from all cultures and backgrounds gather to celebrate with gratitude the freedom we enjoy in this nation.
There is also an awareness that the past was not perfect for many and we can only look to the future for truth to be spoken and reconciliation to sweep the land.
Today we continue to celebrate the uniqueness of Canada’s heritage and peoples - one province at a time! Nova Scotia - we celebrate you today and lift up our prayers on your behalf!
Happy Canada Day!
As Canada celebrates 150 years, join Gather Women on the 1st of every month as we pray for our nation. Let’s celebrate with thankful hearts the rich diversity of each province as together they unite and strengthen our nation. This month our prayer focus is on Nova Scotia.
- Pray for Premier Stephen McNeil as he provides leadership and oversight to the people and economy of Nova Scotia.
- Pray for the industries that drive the economy of this province. Particularly that the fishing, agriculture and mining industries would experience safety, clarity and bounty this season.
- Canada 150 celebrations will be underway as Nova Scotia commemorates Canada’s birthday.
Nova Scotia was one of the four provinces who initially joined together to birth our great nation at Confederation in 1867. These local celebrations will draw tourists to Nova Scotia as well, which will help to boost the economy.
- Pray for the Health Minister, Randy Delorey, as he oversees the critical expansion of Dartmouth General Hospital. The much needed redevelopment will ensure better health care services to all residents.
- Pray for ministry events taking place at local churches, including day camps and student ministry retreats. Pray for students who are looking for summer jobs and ministry opportunities.
- Pray for the Christian leaders, for strength and rejuvenation of vision in ministry. As many pastors and leaders may have the opportunity to vacation this month, pray for meaningful moments with family and with their Saviour.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Gather Women Prayer Team