Psalm 27:14 “Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”
2 Samuel 10:12 “Be courageous! Let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. May the Lord’s will be done.”
Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears."
Bravery looks different for every one of us and it does not require a certain personality. God calls each of us to our own kind of brave in different seasons of our lives. Where is God calling you to be brave?
- What is the brave prayer God has deposited in you? Perhaps it is a dream that seems daunting? Maybe it is prayer for a marriage relationship that is undone, or a prodigal so far away you are sure they can never find their way back home. Perhaps you are being called to speak up and tell the truth? Maybe it is the faith to believe God is calling you out into unknown territory and brave prayer is the only way you will take that next step. Be faithful to the brave prayer God has planted in your heart, and pray brave.
- What situations fill you with fear? What person, past wound, or lie has left you paralyzed, insecure or afraid? Where do you need the courage and bravery of God today? 2 Timothy 1:7. Confess these areas of fear to God and ask him to give you brave faith.
- Are you in a season of waiting? Be encouraged by the Word of God today to be brave as you wait patiently. Psalm 27:14. As you wait, think about what you have seen God do in the past? How have you seen Him work in your life or in the lives of others? Thank God for His faithfulness and allow these answered prayers in your past to compel you to bravely pray for your future.
- Pray for anyone you know who is battling a serious illness, experiencing cancer treatments, or at the bedside of a sick child in hospital and needs to know God’s strength and courage in this season of trial. Let’s fight bravely for other people today. Spend some time in intercession.
- Being brave can be exhibited by being meek and quiet in the midst of fear. Sometimes our lives require quiet courage. Rest in the presence of God, allowing his love to cast out fear and fill you with courage and truth. "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." 1 John 4:18
- There are so many stories of brave women in Scripture. Choose one woman and read her story, thank God for the way he gives us our own unique kind of brave. Sarah, Deborah, Hannah, Ruth, Esther, Mary, Rehab.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst