Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Psalm 139:7 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?”
Revelation 7:15 “…they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.
Psalm 41:12 “But you have upheld me because of my integrity, and set me in your presence forever.”
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God...”
- God is fully present in your life. Be still, quiet your heart, know the truth that He is present and available to you, and receive Him. God never forces himself on us; yet when we open our hearts to Him and ask to encounter Him, He is willing and able to fill us with His glorious presence. Invite God’s presence. Receive God’s presence. Rest in God's presence.
- Respond to His presence in worship. Choose to journal, read Scripture, pray, kneel, raise your hands, be still or praise out loud. Respond to His nearness, as you feel comfortable.
- Ask God to grow you in awareness of the unconditional love of the Holy Spirit who lives in you. Ask God to make you mindful of His nearness and love throughout your day. He will always respond to your desire to be filled with Him. May this practice of God's presence fill you with a greater awareness of how real and near Christ is to you today.
- As you face trials of any kind today remember that God’s presence is a like a shelter and His presence fills you with joy even in the storms of life. We are never alone. Nothing can separate us from Him and there is nowhere we can flee from the presence of God.
- Where do you need to model Christ and be fully present and available today? In your home? For your husband or children? In your workplace? For a friend or neighbour? Pray, asking Jesus to help you engage with those around you today and give them the gift of being fully present.
- We are asking Jesus to be fully present at Gather Rise, pray with us that His Spirit would fill each woman and together we would know His abundant joy, goodness, love, grace and peace on Oct. 1.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst