Thank you so much for wanting to share your story with Gather Women!
We are all about gathering Canadian women of faith. We gather in to go out - as you have gathered and been encouraged, we want to hear about it! We are telling the Canadian story. We are telling your stories. We are about unity and harmony, from coast-to-coast: multicultural, multi-denominational, rural and city girls, young and young at heart. By sharing your story, you will encourage other women as well to live boldly and authentically as God’s beloved warriors. We are already encouraged by your willingness to show up, on the page and in the presence of women across provincial and territorial boundaries. Thank you for gathering with us.
We want to get to know you better, Canadian girls. Send us your stories!
Here are some guidelines to help you craft your post:
- Stories should be between 400-700 words.
- Please only submit Word documents or in-email text.
- Include your real name, post title and link to your website or a social media outlet if you’d like.
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please state what version it is from. For example “John 3:16 (NIV)”.
- Please take the time to have someone else read over your story for spelling, grammar and punctuation before submitting.
- Please note that Gather Women may edit your piece before publishing.
- The overall tone of your story should be “me too” more than “how to”. Share with the purpose of encouraging women, and consider all stages of life.
- French and English submissions welcome!
- Please share what part of Canada you’re from. It doesn’t have to be specific, but it’ll help us feel more connected from coast-to-coast (example: Northern Manitoba, Eastern Quebec, etc)
- a personal story connected to any of our values:
ABUNDANCE as a way of life...knowing we have more than we need
BEING BOLD... rather than timid
BEING GENUINE... rather than cloaked in fear and self-preservation
BEING INVITATIONAL... rather than exclusive and isolated
HARMONY...while embracing our diversity
- an experience or takeaway from a Gather Event
- an experience from a Gather Conversation Circle gathering
Here's a couple of examples to get you thinking.
“I realized that I was letting my children’s schedules run my life, I chose to be bold and create space for me and my relationship with God once a week by hiring a sitter. This is how it impacted my life…”
“I was living in fear, wondering what people would think of me if they knew I was a Christian… but when my friend was going through a hard time, I shared with her the hope I had in Jesus. I was genuine and now our friendship is so much stronger…”
“At the Gather QUE event, Sarah Bessey shared about how we are beloved warriors. This was so surprising! A warrior? Me? This got me thinking… ”
Send your story to email@example.com. We look forward to getting to you know, Canada!