The foundation of the Gather movement is prayer! As women across Canada we recognize our diversity yet celebrate our unity as women of faith who are deeply dependent on Jesus Christ. Prayer is one way we express our dependence on God and a beautiful gift reminding us of the nearness of God. Let’s link arms as Canadian women from coast to coast and imagine thousands of kneeling warriors joining the God of angel’s armies!
The local church is the hope of the world! We are so grateful for the gift of community and our church leadership. Let us gather, our hearts united in prayer across Canada, for our local churches and their leadership.
The Local Church - Pray Colossians 1:9-14 as your guide.
- Pray for those who do not yet know Jesus to interact with those involved in the local church in workplaces, neighbourhoods, schools. Pray for bold invitations to experience a larger church gathering and hearts to turn to Jesus in faith.
- Pray for believers in our local churches to have complete knowledge of God's will so they will receive spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- Pray for our church families to be strengthened with God’s glorious power so they have endurance and patience in their daily lives.
- Pray for our churches to be filled with joy, always having thankful hearts, acknowledging God who has rescued us from darkness.
- Pray for a spirit of love and unity in our churches.
- Pray for maturing in the body of Christ as we grow and seek to be transformed fully committed followers of Jesus Christ.
- Pray we would be people who have the courage to live in the tension of both truth and love and not sacrifice one for the other.
Church Leadership - Pray James 3:17 as your guide. "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace loving, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere."
- Wisdom is one of the most important things we can pray for our leaders. Ask God to give them the wisdom that comes from heaven.
- Pray our leaders would be pure in their motives, their minds, their teaching, and their daily lives.
- Pray our leaders would be peace-loving, not choosing to avoid conflict rather working towards peace in agreement through truth in our churches.
- Pray for the fruit of gentleness in the hearts of leaders as they engage with others.
- Pray our leaders would be quick to hear, slow to speak and anger, being open to reason by listening well to others.
- Pray our leaders would receive God’s mercy themselves and freely give it away. Pray mercy would triumph over any judgement that might rise up in their hearts.
- Pray for the good fruit of the Spirit to overflow in their lives, for many to ‘taste and see’ that the Lord is good through our leaders.
- Pray the wisdom that comes from Christ would give our shepherds fair and impartial hearts.
- Pray for our leaders to be sincere, living what they preach and lead. Pray they would be free from people pleasing.
- Pray for our leaders to be faithful in prayer, seeking God daily themselves for the wisdom that comes from above.
Pray for protection against the plans of the enemy. Make a declaration today for our churches and leadership - declare “no weapon formed against our local churches or our leaders and their family members will prosper, and every tongue that rises against them will be cast down (Is. 54:17). In Jesus Name.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst