You have victory in Jesus! The battle has already been won. The devil was defeated at the cross. We can declare victory. We can rest in the finished work of Christ.
Colossians 2:14-15 “He cancelled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.”
1 John 5:4 “For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.”
1 Chronicles 29:11 “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.”
Deuteronomy 20:4 “…for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.”
1 Corinthians 15:54-55 “When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
Renew your mind to the victory available to you in Christ.
- Spend some time in thanksgiving prayer. Thank Jesus for giving you victory!
- We have obtained victory in Jesus but the devil still works to lead us back into our former ways. We are no longer slaves to sin. Remember that ‘where sin abounds, grace abounds more!” Romans 5:20. Where are you struggling for victory in your life? Where might you need to humble yourselves before God and resist the devil, so that he will flee from you? Begin your prayer time in a posture of humility talking to Jesus about your struggles.
- Your victory is in the blood. The blood of Jesus has given you the power to overcome every self-sabotaging thought and behaviour. By the blood of Jesus shed on the cross we can enter boldly into the presence of God and be cleansed. Declare out loud that you are victorious in Christ; declare that you are more than a conqueror through Christ who loves you. Pray Romans 8:35-39 as a declaration over your life today.
- You don't have to fight spiritual battles alone. There are people around you who will fight for victory in your own life and pray alongside you in community. Who can you share your struggle with? Don’t let Satan isolate you, rather humbly and bravely position yourselves around others. Let’s engage with one another and fight for lives lived victoriously in Christ together. The Bible is clear that sanctification is a process meant to be worked out together.
- Who needs you to fight for their victory today? Who needs you to intercede on their behalf? Pray for their victory. Allow the Spirit to prompt you in prayer interceding for your loved one to overcome the power of sin in their lives. Believe God will move when you pray and persevere in prayer!
- Remember that as you intercede for others, as a believer in Jesus Christ you are fighting ‘from’ a place of victory. In Christ we are victorious. Victory has already been obtained! Praise God today that we are able to live victorious in Christ. Satan’s worst is no match for the power, authority and victory we have through Jesus Christ.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst