Through the Holy Spirit we have an unending supply of joy. In His presence the joy of the Lord truly becomes our strength!
Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
John 15:11 "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
Acts 13:52 "And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit."
Isaiah 55:12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."
- Our heavenly father is the sole source of our joy on this earth. Pray about how you can be a carrier of joy to others today. Ask God to guide you into the fullness of joy available in His presence. Ask him to fill you with abundant joy that you might live today declaring his goodness to the world around you.
- As disciples of Jesus, we are to carry the joy of our salvation everywhere we go. Spend some time thanking God for your salvation and pray for the salvation of someone who does not know Christ today.
- Prayerfully consider the importance of relationship with the Holy Spirit in having joy. Allow Scripture to stir up a desire for deeper intimacy with the Spirit.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to greater depths of joy. Ask him to allow the fruit of joy in your life regardless of your circumstances. Ask to be filled with the Spirit today (Eph. 5:18).
- What do you allow to steal your joy? What circumstances, negative comments, or people have been robbing you of peace? Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the root of whatever is stealing your joy (Pessimism, self-pity, anxiety, sorrow, doubt, fear).
- Ask Jesus to help you choose joy, recognizing that in the fullness of joy there is abundant life, peace, freedom, and love.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst