Philippians 4:5 “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.”
Proverbs 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
1 Peter 3:3-4 “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”
- Thank God for the people in your life who show you gentleness. Ask God to help you find ways to show His gentleness to others.
- Ephesians 4:2 says that we have been called to walk with “all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love…” Ask God to allow you to be the vessel by which He can show His character to the world. Ask God to help your actions today be evidence of your gentleness with your children, spouse, co-workers, neighbours and friends.
- Ask God to cultivate in you the ability to respond in gentleness in spite of life’s challenges. Rely on His power to mold and shape you. Acknowledge that gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit and apart from God nothing is possible. Ask Jesus to fill you with His Spirit.
- At times we face tough circumstances, ask the Lord to help you stand for what is right without abandoning gentleness and respect. Ask Him to teach you how to speak the truth in love. Let our gentleness be evident and a clear sign that you are at work in our lives.
- Ask forgiveness for being harsh and acknowledge your need for the Spirit to live in you. Ask God to remind you often of His gentle grace and prompt you to offer love and forgiveness to others. Thank Jesus for being your gentle shepherd.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst