If you need wisdom ask our generous God. The Lord gives wisdom, from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6-13 “For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe. Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose words are twisted. These men turn from the right way to walk down dark paths.”
James 3:15 -18 “For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favouritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.”
Psalm 111:10 “Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever!”
- Begin your prayer time today praising God with a loud voice saying,“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honour and glory and blessing!”
- Ask God to help you seek Him first as you ask hard questions and seek wise answers before seeking out wisdom from others. Ask God to help you never take His Word or the wisdom that comes from it for granted. Ask Him to give you a heart for truth and the wisdom found in the pages of Scripture.
- Pray for our Canadian government and their leaders today. Pray for those who represent us federally and nationally. Ask God to give them wisdom as they lead. Pray for others in positions of leadership in your churches and communities.
- It is so important to use words wisely. We need to take care that what we say resonates with the words and wisdom of God. We want people in our family and our community to be blessed, encouraged and built up with wise words. Pray about the fruit of your lips today— pray for wise words that will help someone grow closer to God.
- Thank God for those he has placed in your life who are full of wisdom.
In what areas of your life do you need wisdom? The Bible tells us to ask and God will give it (James 1:5). Identify some areas and ask in prayer. Here are some areas to consider:
o Wisdom in parenting
o Wisdom as you share your faith
o Wisdom in your workplace
o Wisdom in your marriage
o Wisdom in friendships
o Wisdom in ministry
o Wisdom in scheduling and commitments
o Wisdom to live righteously day by day
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst