2 Chronicles 7:14 “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”
Psalm 25:9 “He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.”
- Humble yourselves before God knowing he hates a prideful heart. Start your prayer time today in confession. Ask the Spirit of God to help you identify areas of pride in your heart whether it shows up as self-centredness, unforgiveness, ungratefulness or even self-pity. Often we have been deceived into thinking we are living a life of humble service when in reality, many of our motivations are grounded in selfishness.
- Thank Jesus who, in humble obedience, endured a horrendous and painful death on the cross to ensure the whole world gained salvation. Thank Him for being the perfect example of a humble servant and ask Him to create in you a desire for true humility. Pray you will become more like Jesus today than you were yesterday.
- We are God’s chosen people. Let us join together today with women across our great nation and humble ourselves, pray and seek God’s face for Canada. If you are able, get down on your knees and ask our God who hears from heaven to forgive us as a nation and restore our land.
Pray for Canada:
- That Canada will be a country that honours and serves God.
- That Canada will be a nation which demonstrates righteousness, justice, compassion and generosity.
- That the Holy Spirit will bring a spirit of individual and national repentance across our land.
- That individuals and leaders will seek and demonstrate forgiveness.
- That Canada will be a nation of diverse people accepting, forgiving, sharing and working together for a better Canada.
- That Christians will have both the grace and the courage to be bold.
- Pray for the spiritual strength of the nation.
*Canadian prayer points taken from nationatprayer.ca
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst