1 John 3:1 “See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!”
- Rejoice that as a daughter of the King you share in an inheritance.
- Let’s pray for our daughters and spiritual daughters today.
- Pray she would be a woman of joy and laughter whose Christ-centred character is what makes her most beautiful (Proverbs 31).
- Pray her thoughts would be pure.
- Pray she would not be unequally yoked in relationships, specifically a marriage relationship.
- Pray for our daughters to discern God’s voice in their lives.
- Pray for her ability to rise above the traps of people-pleasing so she can be kept safe by trusting Jesus. (Proverbs 29:25).
Read this account of the woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years:
Luke 8:43-48 “A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding, and she could find no cure. Coming up behind Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe. Immediately, the bleeding stopped.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked. Everyone denied it, and Peter said, “Master, this whole crowd is pressing up against you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me.” When the woman realized that she could not stay hidden, she began to tremble and fell to her knees in front of him. The whole crowd heard her explain why she had touched him and that she had been immediately healed. “Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”
- Jesus affirms this woman by calling her daughter. Hear your Heavenly Father calling you daughter today as you approach him for a need in your life. Ask Jesus to give you a strong faith in the midst of a place of suffering today.
Julianne August, Prayer Catalys