Ephesians 6:10-11 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
Ephesians 6:17-18 “Take… the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.”
Exodus 15:2-3 “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him! The Lord is a warrior; Yahweh is his name!”
The battle is real. It’s in our country, communities, our homes, and our hearts. It’s everywhere around us. God has given us every necessary weapon to fight each battle. Clothe yourself today and everyday in the character of Christ and abide in Him. Pray on the full armour of God:
- Fasten the belt of truth around your waist. Believe Jesus is the truth. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).
- Wear the breastplate of righteousness. Cover your heart with Christ who is called "The Lord our Righteousness" (Jeremiah 23:6).
- Take up the shield of faith to extinguish those fiery darts from the enemy. Psalm 84:11 tells us, "The Lord is a sun and shield..." and Christ is the object of our faith.
- Guard your mind. Put on the helmet of salvation by guarding our heads and minds with Christ because Acts 4:12 says, "Salvation is found in no one else."
- Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Jesus is the Word made flesh. (John 1:14)
Be a prayer warrior today and pray for a friend or family member. Intercede on their behalf and ask Jesus to bring victory into an area of challenge in their life.
Wear the armour of God as a defence against lies and accusations from Satan that pierce your heart, stab your mind and condition your thinking. Ask Jesus to teach you to fight on your knees for:
- Your marriage
- Your children
- Your friendships
- Your health
Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Take a minute to listen to the song, ‘Warrior’ by Steven Curtis Chapman from the movie War Room. Fall on your knees and fight like a warrior!
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst