Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Psalm 106:47 “Save us, Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise.”
Hebrews 10:24-25 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- When we gather as women there is great strength and encouragement. Often we gather to be taught, strengthened in prayer and nourished through friendships and truth. Gathering demonstrates our unity but also nurtures our unity. As we gather on October 1 for Gather Rise would you join us in praying for this day:
- Pray the name of Jesus would be lifted high
- Pray for a generous outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- Pray women would be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading
- Pray for a bond of unity as we gather and celebrate from a variety of denominations. Pray our mutual submission to one another and our collective belief in the gospel would powerfully draw us together.
- Pray for the truth of God’s Word to inspire us
- Pray for quiet moments of reflection and worship to draw us close to the heart of Jesus
- Pray for women to make new connections with women they have never met, and that we would network as Canadian women
- Pray women would champion a culture of support
- Pray this day would inspire women to live on mission
- Pray God will use this day to bring revival on Canadian soil
- Pray God would be glorified
We Gather In To Go Out
- Although there is strength in our gathering, there is tremendous fruit when we scatter. When each of us returns to our circles of influence and our lives suggest that those we meet should “taste and see that the Lord is good” then we are a powerful force for Christ in our world.
- Pray for women to be inspired to continue to gather together as the one, the few and the many.
- Pray for Gather Circles to be established and these circles to be places of learning truth, belonging, generosity, salvation, love and humility.
- Pray for women to know they have abundance in Jesus Christ,
- Pray for women to know they can choose to be bold rather than timid
- Pray for women to foster genuine hearts
- Pray for women to be invitational so no woman feels isolated
- Pray for harmony as we embrace our diversity
- Pray for women to have a deeper love for Canada and women across this beautiful nation
- Pray for women to be inspired in their prayer lives and committed to seeking the face of God, praying for the one, the few and the many
- Pray for women to take action from what they learned at Gather Rise and choose to live out their unique calling knowing they are supported, equipped and part of a larger national voice
God’s very nature is gathering, as He is three-in-one. So Let Us Gather!
Julianne August, Prayer Catalyst