As Canada celebrates 150 years, join Gather Women on the 1st of every month as we pray for our nation. Let’s celebrate with thankful hearts the rich diversity of each province as together they unite and strengthen our nation. This month our prayer focus is on Saskatchewan.
- Pray for our Premier Brad Wall and government leadership, that their decisions made today lead to a better and more prosperous tomorrow. Pray the legacy left is purposeful for Saskatchewan and its residents.
- Praise the Lord that fewer wildfires have been reported this season. Pray for continued grace in this area, as these fires can be devastating to the people, communities and industries in Saskatchewan.
- Pray for our federal government, as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with Pope Francis to seek a formal apology for the Indian Residential Schools and all their injustices.
- Pray for the Saskatchewan Health Care system as it consolidates into one provincial health authority and becomes a more effective system to deliver health care for both patients and families. Pray for Health Minister Jim Reiter as he provides leadership throughout this transition.
- Pray for our children and grandchildren who will become future leaders. Pray for the Indigenous communities and their leadership to find solutions to keep youth safe. Pray for communities across Canada to join hands and break down the walls of injustice as they work toward inclusive and common goals.
- Pray for churches and their leadership to seize opportunities to break free of old patterns and release habits that are not God honouring. Pray for churches to point people to the joyful and fulfilling life that is found in Jesus Christ.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Prayer Team in partnership with Kallie Wood, Moose Jaw, SK.