This year we have been celebrating 150 years of our great nation. We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for. God has given us a rich inheritance in our bountiful land. This month our prayer focus is on The Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Pray for wisdom for the leaders of the Canadian Territories: Sandy Silver (Yukon), Bob McLeod (Northwest Territories), and Peter Taptuna (Nunavut).
Pray for the children of Nunavut who have markedly worse health than children in the rest of the country. Specifically, they experience more severe respiratory illnesses, hearing problems, and seizure disorders.
- Pray for the mental health of those struggling with suicidal thoughts and plans. May God’s love reach out to each one, letting them know they are loved and valued.
- Issues of food and housing security result in unsettled economic systems, medical supports, and educational facilities. Pray for stability and provision of healthy, sustainable food that will provide a safe and nurturing foundation for children and families.
- Pray for a unification of people’s hearts and minds. Ask for God’s forgiveness to reign and for his mercies to be renewed.
- Church leaders require renewed strength and vision for ongoing ministries that will reach the people in each community. Pray for passion and perseverance in building and maintaining church and community programs in the North.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Prayer Team in partnership with Sharon Reece, Resident Family Medical Doctor, Nunavut