Gather Women is celebrating and praying for each province during Canada’s 150th anniversary year. Let’s celebrate with thankful hearts the rich diversity of each province as together they unite and strengthen our nation. This month our prayer focus is Alberta.
- Pray for the churches and pastoral leadership in Fort McMurray to be the hands and feet of Christ as they continue to work to restore their community.
- Pray for those who have been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas industry, that this loss and discouragement would cause them to cry out and experience Jesus as their saviour and provider.
- Pray for those making and influencing difficult decisions pertaining to changes in the educational system and curriculum of Alberta public schools. Pray for Albertans to surrender all worry or fear.
- Pray for Alberta’s provincial and municipal leaders to be surrounded by godly counsel and make wise decisions. Pray especially for Premier Rachel Notley.
- Pray for women to have a desire and willingness to be used of God in order to live on mission in their neighbourhoods, workplaces and circles of influence. Pray God would raise up women willing to fervently fight for the truth in prayer.
- Pray for Easter services being held in churches across the province. Pray that Christ’s love and resurrection power would be transformative. Pray also for church staff and their families as their responsibilities and time commitment to service planning increases.
God keep our land glorious and free. In Jesus Name. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thank you for joining with other women across Canada in prayer.
The Prayer Team in partnership with Stephanie Beaulieu, Calgary AB